Friday 2 March 2012

Heatwave on the 21 haripins!


A lovely warm day here today, probably one of the warmest yet this year.

Guy had plans to cross country ski in Alpe d'Huez so I decided to ride up, meet him there and catch a lift back down (via the cake shop of course!). Normally, even on sunny days the descent can be chilly, hence my plan. Today however it would not have been a problem at all, it was easily +20'C and I saw one or two others coming down in shorts and short sleeved jerseys. I regretted my 'longs' all the way up!

Today I rode slowly, very slowly! But having said that, I certainly felt much fitter than I have in previous years thanks to my winter base of cross country skiing.

Not such a good outing for Guy though who found himself skiing in quite slushy conditions and getting very wet feet.

Only 3 1/2 months to the first Alpe d'Huez time trial of the year (21st June 2012) so I have plenty of time to improve on that speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment