Tuesday 23 November 2010

Ronde De La Combe De Savoie Rando

Sun18 Apr 2010 13:10 BST

Yesterday I headed over to the Savoie for a randonee that started over by Albertville (La Bathie to be precise). I was due to drive a bunch of skiers back to the airport this morning (Sunday) and had planned to stay overnight in the Tarentaise, but the Icelandic dust cloud put paid to that, with the hapless skiers destined to a coach trip right through France instead! Oh well, it didn't stop me getting out on the bike....

The weather was perfect and the start was at 1pm, giving the weather a good chance to warm up. And warm up it did! I am now sporting my first cycling tan lines of 2010 and very proud of them I am too...

It was a lovely tour, over some roads that I didn't know at all and, despite missing a turning, and hence the final col and 9km of the route, all went well. Bill punctured, but was aided by a local with a garage full of tools and his own compressor, so even that went well!

Bring on summer!

Guy

PS: Met a lovely Devonian chap at the event, who loved the riding so much here in the Alps that he moved over from Plymouth two years ago to the foot of the col du Glandon, in the Maurienne valley. One house renovation and a lot of work put in and he's now happily riding around the Alps to his heart's content. Bravo Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment